Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Want To Die, And Let You Give...





Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith -Philippians 3:8-9

God has such big plans for each of us. Realizing this is an everyday process. It can be so hard to give ourselves to Jesus each day, trusting that he knows best, and that he is worth all of the things we daily surrender to him. God wants to transform us daily, "from glory to glory." God wants to continually transform the dying or dead things in us, to something filled with his life and glory. Letting go of those things and surrendering to Jesus can be hard. Our doubts and fears can block the way. Surrender is one of the biggest leaps of faith you can take. And you can take it each day. Oh Lord, help me fix my eyes on you, and let go of my silly pride. Change me each day...



Song: Make My Life A Prayer To You
Artist: Keith Green
Album: Keith Green: The Live Experience

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts to live by. It is truly inspiring to be reminded. Some days we get so caught up in the day to day things we must do that we forget to be thankful and to lean of Him. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, life can keep us so busy and distracted at times. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete